Today is Valentine's Day! I have never really been a big fan of this holiday... I guess it's cool you get a present and a date night, but I don't need gifts or special occasions to make myself happy. It's really gotten under my skin how some people have to parade around their gifts and brag about everything they have gotten... I just want to scream no one cares! I don't love Josh any more or any less because he didn't spend a grand on Valentine's Day. We are saving for our honeymoon and a house so it is totally impractical! (And not that bc of those reasons we would've gone overboard otherwise because that's definitely not true) Gifts don't buy true love and happiness.. and I have seen that first hand. Anyways I just had to get that off my chest! Our plans for today is an early movie at 2pm to see Valentine's Day and then dinner at Red Lobster. I am upset with myself because I now realize I should have cooked lunch for Josh, but until yesterday we hadn't made up our minds if we were gonna go to lunch or dinner. I should probably stop writing and run to the store, but I have no idea what I would cook! Josh is so picky.. I guess I could look through my cookbook. Well let me quickly sum up my life for the past 2 weeks... I survived my solo days with Mr. Gaston. My kids took their tests at the end of the week and everyone seemed to do fairly well. During my solo days.. two kids were suspended for fighting and 5 girls skipped P.E. Hello 5th grade! I think something else happened, but I can not remember at this moment. This past week I observed in all grades except 2nd (due to snow day) and I found that I really enjoyed 3rd grade! If I had known about Early Childhood Education 4 years a go I would have majored in that instead of Elementary Education. ECE is for Prek-3. Those are the grades I really enjoy... But nothing I can do about that now.. i will soon be graduating and I will take whatever job is offered to me. But that doesn't mean I won't pray for the lower grades! ;] Anyways so Friday school was canceled for SNOW! I never believed I would see snow down here, but it did! It was AMAZING! I woke up at 7am because the weather people said the snow would start after midnight.. and I woke up to rain. I was so upset! I went back to sleep and woke up at 9 and it was still raining. Needless to say now I was mad! I was watching the news and seeing all the northern counties enjoying beautiful amounts of snow... when they reported snow in semmes. I knew it was getting closer so I hurried to change clothes.. I looked outside and screamed.. IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I might be 22, but I still have a 5 year olds spirit! :] I ran and woke my brother up and called Josh to hurry and come over! It snowed pretty hard for an hour.. but then it started raining and it quickly melted any of the snow that had stuck on the ground. So we decided to head north towards Citronelle. We stopped in a church parking lot and played in their snow. It was fun! We had a snowball fight, made a snowman, and Josh made a snow angel. It was a great day. I have Monday and Tuesday off and I am so grateful! I need these days to prepare myself for my 10 solo days. It's going to be crazy hard doing all those lesson plans. Hopefully it will make February and March go by quickly because then it will be close to graduation and the wedding! I feel like I had more to blog about but Josh is here and so I am gonna end this post with a few pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment