It's funny how a simple song can take you back in time...
Flashback: I believe it was around Thanksgiving.. I put a CD in my car.. and that was the end of my CD players life... RIP Camille's player. (My car is fondly known as Camille) There is a CD stuck in there .. however Camille doesn't think there is.. I desperately tried anything possible to get my car to realize that there was a CD in there.. but alas.. no good. (I even ramped some railroad tracks hoping it would bounce the CD in place..ha)
Present: It's been three months since that happened.. It's miserable. I hate not being able to play my CDs! So since it doesn't seem like anyone is going to fix it.. or buy me a new player.. I went to Best Buy and picked up an a kit to play my iPod in my car. I am not really an iPod girl.. I am old fashioned and prefer my CDs... Therefore I haven't used my iPod since high school. I plugged it up in Camille... and it was like I was instantly transferred back in time. It's funny how music can do that to you.. One song and bam! im in another time thinking of whatever that song brought back. I found myself smiling in remembrance.. clicking through the songs I didn't want to remember.. and just missing those days. I love that I can turn on an old song and remember every word of it... (even though I haven't listened to it in years) and I can't remember what I wanted to do 5 minutes a go. Music is amazing. I love listening to old CDs.. and now my old iPod songs.. Every once in a while it's just good for the soul to go back and relive through the music. Now, I am facing a problem. When I first got my iPod, I did not have the same laptop I have now. Therefore, I do not have the same iTunes I had waaaay back then. I am now three computers ahead of that time... Yesterday I plugged my iPod in to my macbook and was ready to update its library... when I got the message of doom. In order to add more songs to my iPod, I must delete its contents so that it may sync with my iTunes account. Apparently it can only be synced with one account.. and since I haven't used it in years and years.. I don't have that computer anymore where it was first synced. I am pretty sure my heart stopped. I don't think I am ready to let go of these songs on my iPod. No, I know I am not ready. I LOVE falling back into the past through my music. I love sitting there questioning my musical tastes.. and wondering "Did I really listen to this!?" Once I hit that button... my songs are gone. Forever. I will never be able to smile when Hanson songs come on... or flashback to the BDP concerts I attended when Day that I Die starts playing.. I could keep going and going.. So this is the dilemma I am facing... I want to upload my new songs, but it involves letting go of the old. I know some people may believe that the past is the past.. and I should move on. But the past is apart of my life.. it's what made me who I am. The music that's on my iPod represents who I was at the point of my life. So I guess... I'll cling onto the memories.. until I can decide I can move on.
I can't believe that February is almost over. Crazy how fast time flies.. I have to admit though.. I will be perfectly fine with time flying by until July 24. I am ready to graduate and be married!
Well I will have to update you on life next time because unfortunately my macbook is showing red battery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment