The title of my blog describes the last two weeks of my life.. "Wow" is really all I can say bc it was so hectic. I finished my ten consecutive day of solo teaching on Friday. I began on February 22 and the past 2 weeks have been beyond crazy. Everyday I prepared lesson plans and activities for the kids. Needless to say it didn't go quite as well as I wanted. Originally I planned to blog about my anger and disappointment, but as of now I just want to forget it happened. Needless to say my cooperating teacher discouraged me beyond words this past week. I feel like she was really brutal in her expectations. She expected a lot from me without any preparation or even telling me her expectations. She is hardcore and extremely organized, which is great. She is also a control freak and wants everything done her way. Therefore, she expected me to be just like her. I really do not want to go into detail, but last Wednesday I was ready to walk out the door and never come back. I have never felt so discouraged in all of my life or more of a failure. I really do not know how I held myself together without crying in front of her. I managed.. needless to say. My supervisor formally evaluated me Wednesday afternoon (Yes, my CT belittled me right before I was going to be evaluated) well needless to say, my evaluation was wonderful. My CT said she would score me with ones and I received all 3's and 4's. Needless to say.. Thursday and Friday went great. I feel like God sent my supervisor in to give my confidence a boost and to show me that I really am meant to be a teacher. My CT's problem was that she said everything I had to do for the past two weeks should have been turned into her a week before. I am sorry but that is not possible. So much changes from day to day.. it's just dumb. It makes my blood boil just thinking about what she said. So I am going to change the subject.
The sad thing is I really do not have anything else to talk about because all my life has consisted of is teaching. I still have not deleted the old songs from my iPod.. I think I am about to let them all go though because I am dying to listen to Lady Antebellum in my car! The weather has been horribly cold, but today it is 62* and absolutely beautiful! Needless to say I have been laying out and I can already see some color on my skin! I love the natural tan my skin makes.. not that orange glow from the tanning bed. Natural is always better! ;] I am so excited to be able to wear some spring clothes!
March is going to be extremely busy... Next week I will begin solo days in science teaching food groups. (I think) It keeps changing, so who knows what I will actually end up teaching. I really love my students... even though they gave me hell the past 2 weeks. They sure can get some attitudes. Especially when they get in trouble. Needless to say I gave out many disrespectful checks. I discovered that the supplement, Airborne, actually works wonders. It boosts your immune system and after taking it for a week, my cold finally went away! I had been sick since the end of January. So I strongly recommend it. You just drop one tablet in a drink and you are good to go! It even tastes good and I am really picky so you know its good if I say so! ;]
Well I think I am going to update my iPod.. it is time to move on. I have enjoyed the songs and now I am ready to let go... and look ahead. So until the next post.. keep it real!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment