Saturday, May 8, 2010

Things are changing... for real

So I felt the need to update at the moment to capture my feelings. Today, May 8, 2010 at 2pm, I will be graduating from college. My reaction to that is WHAT!?! Where did the past 4 years go!?! I know I have wished for this day for years... but now that it is here... it is freaking me out! I am about to graduate from college. I am about to end my educational career. I realize I could go to graduate school, but as of right now I am not planning on it. Now it's time to find a real job and be a real adult. In 3 months I will be Mrs. Pritchard and I will be moving away from everything and everyone I love and it's starting to hit me now. And lemme just say it's tripping me out. Everything that I am use too.. is no longer. I know how to do school. I have been doing it for 16 years! Wow. I can't believe how much this is freaking me out. I would like to go back to January and do my student teaching over again.. I would make a point to make Seth my friend way before April. lol But alas... I can't. What's done is done and I really did enjoy my college years. I guess it's time to move on and experience what else life has for me. I really am excited to get married... I just wish I wasn't moving away. I was excited, but I don't want to leave this place. It's my home. It's what I am use too. And I don't like change.
Now I need to update on the past two days at Hutchens. I actually had some kind of stomach virus this week and it was horrible! On the field trip I had to just sit down all during the park time because I was so sick. I missed all that time to hang out with my kids. :[ Seth sat by me nearly the whole time. We downloaded a game called Angry Birds on my phone and took turns playing. He's one of the kids where I can explain I don't feel good and he understands. Idk you can tell he's actually more mature than he gets credit for... I mean he's still 100% an 11 year old boy, but it's different. I don't know how to really explain it. He got to be my buddy all day.. and it was fun. Yesterday was pretty bad. I was so weak from not being able to eat it was horrible. I just had to sit the entire day. I felt bad because I was missing the opportunity to hang out with my kids but I just had no energy. "/ Seth stayed with me after 3rd period and played Angry Birds some more. Idk what I am gonna do when they are done with school. I won't be able to go up there and see them anymore. :[ That's gonna break my heart for real. Ugh change. I don't like it!
Ok, I need to start getting ready for graduation. It's been a great 4 years, but really this past semester was hands down the BEST. Thank you Jesus for putting these kids in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment