Thursday, April 29, 2010

Procastinating...

I should be concentrating on my foliotek documents that are due tomorrow, but I just can't! I have probably tried to find 37839 different ways to distract myself from what I need to be doing! So here is one of my ways... a blog!
Tomorrow is my LAST day at Hutchens. I am SOOOOO sad! Every semester I have been sad to say goodbye to my students, but this semester I am genuinely afraid I am going to cry tomorrow when I say goodbye. I keep telling myself that I will see them next Friday when I sub, but it's just not the same. I was just at the point where I was developing real relationships with these amazing 5th graders. Today I made the most progress with Seth that I have made all year. Some boys were making fun of him and stealing his pencil. So I sat down at their table to keep the situation under control. It irritates me how mean kids can be to one another! Seth asked to stay in Mrs. Lomax's room for the rest of the day and she allowed him. While the rest of the class went to the bathroom, I stayed back with Seth. We started talking about scary movies and that kid just talked and talked! :] It made my heart smile. He stays quiet so much, but he really has a lot to say just no one will listen to him! All it took was the 15 minutes of talking and now he's opened up to me. I told him he was my new best friend because I thought he was pretty cool! ;] He came and sat by me during lunch and during bus duty. You can tell he enjoys the company and attention. And it breaks my heart that I am going to be leaving and I won't know how he is doing each day. I won't be there to make sure he's not being picked on. All the other teachers have 27 students to worry about each period and I know they don't see or hear everything that happens. That's why I kept my eye on him, but he was getting swept under the radar. I feel like I have made an impact on his life in a small way and I hope the teachers will continue to watch out for him. He just needs someone to care about him. Ok I am going to cry if I keep talking about this, so let's change the subject. I am going to as him to eat lunch with me tomorrow. I'm gonna miss that kid. I'm going to miss all of them. AH! anyways!
Sunday, Josh, his parents, and me are suppose to go to Dothan and look around that area for a home. Now that is exciting! I hope we find one! Next thing on my agenda is to apply through the state board for a job. Please pray I can find one and in a good school. It's so nerve racking!
Ok I really need to get back to my school stuff! I know I am going to regret wasting time tomorrow when I am stressing to make sure everything is uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment