Friday, April 30, 2010
Bittersweet Goodbyes
Wow, today was absolutely amazing! I feel SO blessed to have experienced this past semester. My fifth grade students are outstanding. I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to teach these kids. The whole day was filled with hugs and bittersweet goodbyes. I tried not to concentrate on leaving them because I know I will be back next Friday to sub and I literally can not wait! We went to Causey Middle School on a field trip this morning. When Seth saw me he gave me a big hug :] The saddest part of my day was leaving my Seth. :[ When he found out I was leaving, things went downhill quickly. He started acting out and not listening to me. He was literally climbing the walls.. or rather the pole to the overhang outside. I finally got him calmed down.. idk how or what I said to make him chill, but whatever I did worked. He hung out with my for the rest of the day. I asked him to eat lunch with me and I could tell that made him happy. The teacher surprised me with cake... they announced in front of the whole cafeteria that today was my last day so everyone got a slice of cake. Then later we all went outside on the playground and the kids surprised me with a huge box of supplies. They are so wonderful! Seth told me he wanted me to come play at his house and some of the girls asked for my number so they could call me this summer. As I walked them out to the buses Seth grabbed my hand and said Miss C Im gonna miss you. :'[ I held it together till I got my car.:''[ I hope someone finds him and see's the capabilities he has.. he just needs someone to care about him. Oh this is going to upset me. Today was wonderful and I can't wait to see my students again. I had the best LAST semester of my life. I only wish I had more time with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment